PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A10 o/s loses to 62 o/s on the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A10 o/s loses to 62 o/s on the river

I don't remember the hand or all of the betting sequence exactly but bear with me:

I'm on the BB medium stack at a table of 9 players with A10 offsuit. About 6 players limp in. I raise semi-aggesively to see where I'm at.
    Guy at position 5 (I think, I do know he was at medium position) calls everyone else folds.

I'm thinking he has AX suited KK KX offsuit or some other high pair.

Flop: 6 4 A (rainbow)

I raise aggressively (double the pot)

He re-raises (all-in with a stack that has me covered)
    I call figuring I have the best hand)

Turn is a J (doesn't make any straight)

Now I'm just hoping to dodge trip J which is my biggest worry. However from his previous betting pattern I assume he has only a pair.

River hits a 2 and I give a sigh of relief that no other high card is revealed.

Then he shows me 6 2 offsuit and I'm eliminated. Obviously I could never imagine that someone would call my raise from middle position with that hand.

end of hand:

I have A10

Flop turm and river 6 4 A J 2

opponent has 6 2

I throw a Phil Helmuth tantrum at home for about 3 mins.......

Now this is a bad beat.......
    Last edited by memsinan; Sat Jul 16, 2011, 01:40 AM. Reason: incomplete

IT WOULD HELP IF YOU POST THE HAND FROM THE HAND HISTORY

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

I know.....but I couldn't find it again........ the info isn't that far off though......

Comment

SO WHAT AND WHERE WERE YOU PLAYING ??

Comment

PSO league I think.......ıt might have been one of the Hubble tournaments

Comment

THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE

Comment

I know......learned my lesson: "beware of the donk!" LOL

Comment

AA broke Got dealt AA this morning, UTG raises to 1000, everyone around to me(C/O) folds, I push all in. 1 other calls, I get scared, UTG calls both all ins, UTG has 7d7c, SB has 8d9s, 4 diamonds make SB with 8 for high flush, leaving me out early, I'm back to doing the sitout thing foir 1st hour.....lol umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
                  Got dealt AA this morning, UTG raises to 1000, everyone around to me(C/O) folds, I push all in. 1 other calls, I get scared, UTG calls both all ins, UTG has 7d7c, SB has 8d9s, 4 diamonds make SB with 8 for high flush, leaving me out early, I'm back to doing the sitout thing foir 1st hour.....lol umbup:
                  don't forget the clock burning also just means when you do start to play you'll have 100-300 more chips more as opposed to sitting out and the orbits going around quicker blinding you down good luck

Comment

Wanna talk Bad Beat ...never recover after..a card away from winning it all

Comment

Originally posted by Pedeches View Post
                      What were you playing for?

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.