PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trips! Need Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trips! Need Help!

9 out of 10 ten times I hit a set with a mid to low pair and play it strong on an uncoordinated board I will lose to runner runner and I'm almost inclined to just muck any small to mid pair I get.
    The one time they hold up I will go on to make the final table.

Anybody else have a similar problem or suggestions?

Well if i get a set, which is much better disguised than trips, I am always wary of suited connectors, gap connectors and two outer straight and flush draws.

Having said that I play them aggressively though to try and induce action or get rid of looser players. If I happen to get sucked out by runner, runner, I have to accept it but console myself that I played the hand correctly. 9 out of 10 ten times sounds pretty high but if your table image is loose, you may be attracting more action and off course then the chances of being sucked out increases.

If you tighten up a bit, then you will not get as many callers if you make a raise, they will credit you with having a hand which you can use to your advantage in other scenarios as well.

TC

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.