PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i play this badly or just bad luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i play this badly or just bad luck

i had just finished one league match ,i did not get many hands ,calls where going all the way ,i hung on and got 57th it was a long hard match ,next game i played this ,guess i should not have gone all in and blown my game plan and now get more minus points
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    is 10 jack suited realy that strong of a hand ,i know there all winners and all can be beaten,but since friday all the matches are so hard fought ,

Why play so passively with a premium hand?

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
      Why play so passively with a premium hand?
      That's what I was thinking.

I'd be 3 betting there. When you flat, you're letting him think the J he hits on the flop is ahead. And I'm definitely not flatting the bet on the flop. You have an overpair to the board. At no time did you give him any reason to think he was not ahead (because he never was until the river), and allowed him the chance to suck out.

Lesson learned here: be more aggressive!

Comment

Horrible on every street umbup: you have a top 3 hand, dont be all cute with it. let the donks know it will cost them to mess with you

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
          Horrible on every street umbup: you have a top 3 hand, dont be all cute with it. let the donks know it will cost them to mess with you
          Puciek, is that you?

Comment

thanks guys ,i seem to do this to often ,i seem to hesitate with pairs ,i hate jj ,i will take note thanks .

Comment

got me

Comment

It aint so bad PLAWS.

For all those advocating a raise, I have had Ks twice, Qs twice and Js twice on PSO in the last two days and each time I made a three bet only to be raised by players who had been really loose prior to that. Now each time I felt I should have folded because I smelt Aces but I either reraised or called because to fold such big hands would be weak, or so the experts say. Each time I was hit with Aces and lost every time.

It got worse though: ran in a few guaranteed tournaments, had good reads on my opponents who were mostly calling stations and they had played virtually every hand previously, 10s beat by Jacks, jacks by Q3(Q on River), Qs beat by K8, (K on river) Ks beat by A,6 (A on river). I entered one final tourney, same table for two and a half hours, stole some blinds, played maybe three hands outside of that, all in all about 7 hands, no one saw my cards once. Eventually got AK suited on the button, UTG had min raised and I went all in....UTG called, he had 2,3 suited and hit the 2 and won.

It took me an hour and a half on the 1/2 cent tables to get back most of the money I had lost and i never had a premium hand at all.

It is not a wonder that I hate MTT and SnGs because when you raise you have so many callers and maybe the odd raiser and then they win the hand with K,3 off or 9,6 or 4,10. And i don't mean they get someone off a hand, I mean that they win with those hands. You may as well be playing bingo. And it is not just the hands I play but virtually every hand played at these tournaments.

There is something a bit off about it all as far as I can see, so i am sticking with min cash games in the future.

Take it easy PLaws,

TC

Comment

I would do it like this when I have such a hand.

preflop -> thos guy raises to 200 ( I would raise 4 times his bet but then you are pot commited so you have to raise all-in and normally he would fold and you win the pot )

The most guys will fold unless they have AA, KK, JJ, AKo, AKs

Comment

One Chance......Destiny

Well you have one chance to win this hand .....and its preflop all in .....once the guy hits his Jack its too late, he is never folding. I suspect anyone raising that hand in that position with a bigger stack is in all likelyhood going to call your all in raise anyways.....so it was destiny.

As I said in previous posts J-10 wins the honorary PSO donk hand ...somewhere in some book it must say J-10 is a righteous hand!!!! call raises with it!!!! its right up there with AK and AQ . (I'm still scouring the earth for that book. In the PSO its so overplayed in the wrong situations it boggles the mind.

Comment

Just Enjoy The ENTERTAIMENT

Look don't worry about your poker .....play here instead of watching TV...or instead of playing a Video game...the PSO is free entertainment.

BUT DO NOT LOOK FOR REAL POKER FROM THE OTHER BINGO PLAYERS. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !!!!!!! ESPECIALLY DO NOT LOOK FOR A RANDOM SHUFFLE, TRUE ODDS BECAUSE THIS IS A PATHETIC, RIGGED , PHONEY, SCAM AND JOKE OF A SITE.

Comment

Originally posted by BGBShooter View Post
                        Look don't worry about your poker .....play here instead of watching TV...or instead of playing a Video game...the PSO is free entertainment.

BUT DO NOT LOOK FOR REAL POKER FROM THE OTHER BINGO PLAYERS. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !!!!!!! ESPECIALLY DO NOT LOOK FOR A RANDOM SHUFFLE, TRUE ODDS BECAUSE THIS IS A PATHETIC, RIGGED , PHONEY, SCAM AND JOKE OF A SITE.
                        Where's the proof?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                          It aint so bad PLAWS.

For all those advocating a raise, I have had Ks twice, Qs twice and Js twice on PSO in the last two days and each time I made a three bet only to be raised by players who had been really loose prior to that. Now each time I felt I should have folded because I smelt Aces but I either reraised or called because to fold such big hands would be weak, or so the experts say. Each time I was hit with Aces and lost every time.

It got worse though: ran in a few guaranteed tournaments, had good reads on my opponents who were mostly calling stations and they had played virtually every hand previously, 10s beat by Jacks, jacks by Q3(Q on River), Qs beat by K8, (K on river) Ks beat by A,6 (A on river). I entered one final tourney, same table for two and a half hours, stole some blinds, played maybe three hands outside of that, all in all about 7 hands, no one saw my cards once. Eventually got AK suited on the button, UTG had min raised and I went all in....UTG called, he had 2,3 suited and hit the 2 and won.

It took me an hour and a half on the 1/2 cent tables to get back most of the money I had lost and i never had a premium hand at all.

It is not a wonder that I hate MTT and SnGs because when you raise you have so many callers and maybe the odd raiser and then they win the hand with K,3 off or 9,6 or 4,10. And i don't mean they get someone off a hand, I mean that they win with those hands. You may as well be playing bingo. And it is not just the hands I play but virtually every hand played at these tournaments.

There is something a bit off about it all as far as I can see, so i am sticking with min cash games in the future.

Take it easy PLaws,

TC
                          I hear what you're saying top. But you can't let a few losses cause you to play passive or scared. Had the OP played this more aggressively preflop, the outcome may have been different. Not always, some players will hit top pair and stay til the end and outdraw you, but no hand is ever a 100% favorite preflop. But in this hand, the villain had no reason to think his JT was actually behind after the flop, and just kept betting as if he had the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by BGBShooter View Post

did monkeyskunk approve these thoughts before you posted?

wheres the proof??

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                              did monkeyskunk approve these thoughts before you posted?

wheres the proof??
                              hiccup
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.