PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Outer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Outer

This hand was in a $.55 Turbo yesterday. I had been playing very tight (probably too much so). I had the absolute nuts on the turn, then the poker gods frowned on me big time!!! After this hand I did recover enough to at least make the money and win back my entry fee.
    Bracelet Winner

wow that is soul crushing..... good to see you didnt tilt and bomb out umbup:

Comment

This is not a one out situation. Any K, 6 or 4 (12 outs) makes a boat so there were 13 out of 45 cards that could beat your flush.

Comment

with the flush he had the boat draw

and aq vs a9 when the queen hit he had 8 outs (the 8 or the king, assuming no one tossed them)

ive seen this happen all the time, watch the sunday million replays. at the final table people lose out on thousands of dollars because of horrible beats like this. thats what i try to think when I lose a few bucks here and there, that ya i lose a few bucks to horrible beats but ive seen super horriible suck outs at the sunday million final table so much and these people lose thousands and thousands of dollars because of bad beats

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
          This is not a one out situation. Any K, 6 or 4 (12 outs) makes a boat so there were 13 out of 45 cards that could beat your flush.
          not 13 only 10 3 K's 3 6's 3 4'sand the case 5

Comment

Love the comment "absolute nuts after the turn". Really?

Maybe I need to run through the PokerSchool again?

JT

Comment

Originally posted by guitaplaya69 View Post
              ive seen this happen all the time, watch the sunday million replays. at the final table people lose out on thousands of dollars because of horrible beats like this. thats what i try to think when I lose a few bucks here and there, that ya i lose a few bucks to horrible beats but ive seen super horriible suck outs at the sunday million final table so much and these people lose thousands and thousands of dollars because of bad beats
              I was checking out durrr on pokertablerankings.com yesterday and watched a hand replay where he lost $300,000 in a single hand when his KK ran into AA preflop. OUCH!!!! Not a bad beat or anything, but wow!

Hey joy, how did you get two hand replays in the same replayer like that?

Comment

Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
                I was checking out durrr on pokertablerankings.com yesterday and watched a hand replay where he lost $300,000 in a single hand when his KK ran into AA preflop. OUCH!!!! Not a bad beat or anything, but wow!

Hey joy, how did you get two hand replays in the same replayer like that?
                I believe you can get 5.

JT

Comment

nutz

Absolutely right I didn't have the nuts on the turn, but I thought i was a pretty big favorite. Just wanted to show that it can all change with the turn of a card.

Good luck!!
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah you were a big favorite with the nut flush, but just keep in mind that any time there is a paired board, someone can always have a full house or quads, so a flush is not the absolute nuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.