PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aces Cracked, the saga continues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aces Cracked, the saga continues...

Check out this hand. Let me know what you think, this time I just shoved it all in preflop. This was from the 1pm Game of your life 10FPP today. All I can say is, thank god there was a side pot. Anyone is welcome to convince me how much a donk I am and that those players made solid calls.
    Last edited by IroncladMerc; Tue Apr 05, 2011, 08:31 PM.

Nope,obviously 2 "If they're suited,I'm shipping it" donks here.

God bless their pointy little heads.

Comment

I didnt know these where running already.

Sucks but the shortstack is shipping any suited cards,Ace rag, and connected cards in this spot.
      K5 suited is just a bad play and donks get me with those kinds of hands all the time if I dont note them for that kind of hand.

Comment

I'm wondering why you would put in 1400+ pre-flop to win 125? Wouldnt a raise be a better move? Maybe gives you a chance to push after the flop and take the pot. I can't see the short stack re-raising with his hand pre-flop otherwise he'd have pushed initially. It seems you wanted a caller or 2 to get maximum value with your aces, got them and ended up being a little unlucky

I don't know coz I'm learning, just a couple of thoughts really.

Good luck

Comment

Tried just raising on my earlier thread in a PSO, I was told I should just ship it with Aces, so I decided to try it. I normally do just 3x raise it. Both approaches ended with a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
            Tried just raising on my earlier thread in a PSO, I was told I should just ship it with Aces, so I decided to try it. I normally do just 3x raise it. Both approaches ended with a loss.
            Yes I saw the other thread, in that situation you should've shoved because a min raise looks very much like a weak attempt to steal and you don't leverage your fold equity. Here you are putting in everthing to win very few chips.

I don't think it's as simple as one or the other, it depends on the situation.

But you have to take what I say with a very big pinch of salt because I'm just learning myself. I could be completely wrong lol

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.