PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A matter of perspective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A matter of perspective

I'm in the middle of a bad beat from heck right now. I started out on PS about 3 months ago and grew my bankroll from 25$ to almost 100, then something happened in mid- February and all of a sudden I can't win anything - I have high two pair and I get beat by a low set on the river. I have the king and queen of a suit that gets me a flush on the turn, there's a fourth card on the river that gives the money to the ace. I'm probably playing something like 5% of my hands and I'm losing that 5%. I've dropped from almost 100 dollars to about 40, so I dropped all the way down to the .01/.02 tables and I've decided to use my time practicing putting my opponents on ranges, which I feel I can't do very well.

So I decided to spec the big money tables and see if i could figure out hands as these platinum stars and supernovas play, and I watched something that made me not feel so bad. I watched a guy push to the betting cap (120$) blind and get called on both hands. First hand, he turned over 8d8s and his opponent had KQh. Flop is nothing, turn is a king, river gives the pusher an ace-high flush.

Very next hand, he's still crazy early, pushes to cap, called by BB. Pusher turns over 88 and the caller turns over AQo. Flop is nothing, turn is nothing, river puts a pair of nines on the board and the pusher wins with 8s and 9s.

That guy just won 240$ on 88, and those guys with AQ and KQ lost 120$ a piece. That was sobering to me. Luck is ridiculous.
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.