PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panicky Shares His Beats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panicky Shares His Beats

Is this a bad beat? Thanks for your analysis.

Check on the turn was neat. I do not know why he called your big reraise on the river. With 2 sevens on the board you had to have at least three sevens, with your bet, more than likely a better house. The four of a kind rubbed salt into the wound.

These levels are beyond me at the moment: I got completely wiped the other night. I was simply out of my depth and could not get a read at all on the 9 table games. At one table I sat for an hour, without anyone seeing a flop. 5x raises, 5x reraises, raiser wins.

When I eventually did get involved, I was sucked out on so many hands, where I was way in front until the river, that I wanted to cry. How can someone invest a 25$ reraise on the flop with the board showing 2D, 10C, 10D holding Kc and 7d. Off course he got runner, runner,diamonds against my A,10. There were equally bad beats but I have decided to blank them like a bad dream.

Just watch yourself at this level Panicky; it can eat you up and spit you out if you are not careful.

Comment

??

sicc brag-- nice hand-- bad beat-- no-- sqlal is never ahead in the hand-- gl monk..

Comment

??

duplicate-
        Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Great hand dude umbup: but be very careful at that limit....as squial found out bust can come fast lol

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
            sicc brag
            True, I don't think I realized how much of a brag it was when I posted. It was rough for the other guy, though.

And yes, these tables can be tricky. I'm being careful, and I think I'm good enough at the moment to avoid lots of big losses. Hopefully I won't have to move down.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
              Is this a bad beat? Thanks for your analysis.
              NOPE...YOU PLAYED SMALL pp LIKE UR SUPPOSED TO..SEE THE FLOP CHEAP HIT TRIPS OR QUADS AND DRAG THE POT...GH

Comment

Hey Panicky,

Can't say it was a bad beat when it was his error to call your enormous raise on the river...he had to know you at least had him beat even with the FH. Honestly, I see a guy who thought you were bluffing, called you out on it, and lost to the superior hand. That and/or there is a blog by BUDA , in which you've obviously suceeded at, or the guy wouldn't have taken the bait and called you on the river in the first place, would he?

No...not a bad beat at all...not even close to one.

And not that I'm trying to inflate your ego or nothing...but you've given me a lot of great advice since I started playing, and having played you and seen you play...I have to agree...you're up to playing the level you are, no worries.

Twister

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Twister. And I might have been ego-stroking a bit by posting this. Although after looking at it, this does seem to point to the human tendency to never fold boats.

Hopefully I can keep 'em coming (but not post them all).

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.