PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA vs 94 off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AA vs 94 off

    hi all think this is a bad beat. first post not first bad beat....playing league game had AA..raised pot ,most fold 1 player flat calls..Q 2 6 on flop... no flush draw by the 94, got abt 20% of my stack in already.so i am all in....94 0ff calls..player has less chips than me so i figure they hit trips or Q with good kicker..when cards are turned over i laugh..9 on turn...stop laughing...can see this happening...4 hits the river...:cr start swearing...lol...

  • #2
    show a hand history for we can see how the enitre hand played out, but yeah that is a bad beat . let me know if you need help on showing the hand history from your computer..gl

    Comment


    • #3
      I had a similar hand happen at a cash table a few weeks ago with the drunk russians.. I raise 4x from UTG at a .05/.10 NL table with AA.. flop was no straight or flush draws. SB that had called open jams into me. I called and he had 9h2h with 1 heart on the board, and one in my hand.. he has no pair.

      Turn.. 2.. river.. yeppers.. 9. I couldn't even be mad it was so hilarious. He didn't jam a short stack either, he jammed the pot of about 8x.

      It happens.. but I feel ya.

      Comment


      • #4
        It is common knowledge in the poker world that 94 off is the monkey nuts. Therefore, 94 off can never deliver a bad beat. umbup: zzzzzzzzzz

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ssuglia View Post
          It is common knowledge in the poker world that 94 off is the monkey nuts. Therefore, 94 off can never deliver a bad beat. umbup: zzzzzzzzzz
          umbup:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ssuglia View Post
            It is common knowledge in the poker world that 94 off is the monkey nuts. Therefore, 94 off can never deliver a bad beat. umbup: zzzzzzzzzz
            The answer of a veteran of the wars here. 94o is THE Monkey Nutz. If the villian is also employing a Voodoo Monkey Paw ($49.99 on 2+2) then you are totally screwed. PSO Starting Hand Values For ATC Shove Monkey Donks: 1. 83o 2. 72s 3. J2s 4. J3o (the suitedness of J2s pawns the 3 here in their eyes) 5. ANY Ace-rag 6. ANY K-rag 7. ANY Rag-rag not previously listed 8. 6 of diamonds and a Green #5 Uno Card 9. AJ spades (20% of these jokers think this is a Blackjack League) 10. 7 of clubs and a scrabble tile letter B (The other 80% think it's a Bingo League) Hope this helps.
            Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 11:49 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              ?? Skunk gettin upset over all the monkey bashin goin on - Pippi- the pipster- the moxiness of all the prefect pipsters- also, since when do monkeys have paws?????????????umbup:umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
                Skunk gettin upset over all the monkey bashin goin on - Pippi- the pipster- the moxiness of all the prefect pipsters- also, since when do monkeys have paws?????????????umbup:umbup:
                As a point of fact I recently saw an Animal Planet show about the sad infamously tragic monkey/Mephitidae (look it up) cross breeding experiments. The mutant offspring were in almost all cases "gifted " with pre-hensile paws perfect for gripping beer bottles and roach clips. Other interesting traits are a even more "pungent" aroma eminating form them than the former skunks were able to achieve,owing to the fact that this odor is now laced with the scent of banana (whether this is an improvement or worse depends on how you feel about bananas). The more Northern remnants of this experiment gone horribly awry have developed characteristics singular to themselves. To wit: An affinity for "the stickiest of the icky",painted Aces and small pocket pairs from Middle Position,5 on 3 Power Plays (home team only),Bryan Adams,solid BR management and question marks. They also appear to have a predeliction to be at odds with many (most?) avian species as they have deep contempt for chicken and simply can't abide most waterfowl at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                  As a point of fact I recently saw an Animal Planet show about the sad infamously tragic monkey/Mephitidae (look it up) cross breeding experiments.

                  The mutant offspring were in almost all cases "gifted " with pre-hensile paws perfect for gripping beer bottles and roach clips. Other interesting traits are a even more "pungent" aroma eminating form them than the former skunks were able to achieve,owing to the fact that this odor is now laced with the scent of banana (whether this is an improvement or worse depends on how you feel about bananas).

                  The more Northern remnants of this experiment gone horribly awry have developed characteristics singular to themselves. To wit:

                  An affinity for "the stickiest of the icky",painted Aces and small pocket pairs from Middle Position,5 on 3 Power Plays (home team only),Bryan Adams,solid BR management and question marks.

                  They also appear to have a predeliction to be at odds with many (most?) avian species as they have deep contempt for chicken and simply can't abide most waterfowl at all.
                  WHAT i repeat WHAT-- no mention of monkey PAW-- LIKE THE -- SINGULAR TO THEMSELVES PART THOUGH-- u lonely mox?????????//= lmaoo luv ya gl - monk..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You've 4got 2 mention,when they try the old 'Park lane' & 'Pall Mall' 'I hope no-ones looking' monopoly trick umbup:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TARIQ06 View Post
                      show a hand history for we can see how the enitre hand played out, but yeah that is a bad beat . let me know if you need help on showing the hand history from your computer..gl
                      What else needs to be said or reviewed? AA vs 92 offsuite the Idiot hit on the turn and River. Nothing else needs to be reviewed or said.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mark the donk and stalk him every table he goes to. If he's willing to call off his chips (maybe a raise?) with 9 high, then you'll wipe him out in the long run. What's his name? I could use some of his money too.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        X Cookies Information

                        We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.