PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ace rag works marvelous for donks but not me!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ace rag works marvelous for donks but not me!!!!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=169852744F

This is just plain bad luck.. The river is just sick..!

In any event, your play post-flop is correct.. You caught a big break by flopping two pair.. I'm not saying you deserve what happened here, but it looks like punishment for flatting this pre (Edit: should read ' open-limping' pre) OOP and then following up with an over-call (Edit: should read ' following up by flatting.. It was stupid early in the a.m. and I wasn't running on all eight) 5x from the BB who I hope is aware thet they're acting OOP post-flop and playing accordingly.. This is a chip leak and will cost you money a majority of the time as such a large raise pre should signal that you're going to be playing 'get there'; a position you want to be in as little as possible.. 98% of the time the flop isn't going to pair your rag as well and you'd be a big under-dog post-flop..

Remember to take a moment to figure out what it is you're trying to accomplish by putting money into the pot.. Typically flatting accomplishes little by telling yourself that you hope to make a hand.. If you're going to do this then you need to have a plan before you flat so you're not left w/ difficult decisions should you not find gold..
    Last edited by ClubbedNuts; Fri Mar 11, 2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Rather than post a whine about a bad beat (Mods please move this to the appropriate forum!), why not analyze your own decision making process like clubbed has suggested.

Limping A8o in EP is a spew.
      Calling a 5x raise with it is a spew.

Fold >>> raise > call
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

** Moved **

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.