PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA loses to J3s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA loses to J3s

So I'm in late position with a super-agg "donk" in the BB who has played every hand so far in the early part of the tourney and got some chips by going all in with 75o and hitting a full house, taking two other players full stack.

Anyway, I get pocket rockets. The player to my right limps in, I raise to 100 (first level, 10/20 blinds), BB calls and limper calls.

Flop comes 8A4 rainbow. Player to my right checks. I check because BB has shot bullets every street since getting his stack, so I'm hoping to check/raise. But instead I get a check. Turn comes 2. First player bets 150, I reraise to 600, super-agg guys folds. First player re-raises all-in. I look at the board and see maybe a flush draw. Outside chance of a gut shot straight draw, but only if he has a 3 or a 5, which doesn't make a lot of sense based on the betting. So I call the all in. He turns over a J3s and my set of Aces are looking pretty good.

Until the 5 lands on the river, and my pretty set of Aces loses to the J3s.

Probably should have bet on the flop, but my read was pretty strong that Super-Agg was going to start the betting for me.

And that is how I finished in 1200th place in the 3pm tourney.

done that before just out smart my self sometimes

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.