PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Beat at the worst time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Beat at the worst time.

O.k. everyone, I have a bad beat for you. I have pocket nines under the gun. I limp and the flop comes Q 9 6. I go all in and am called by 2. The turn another 6 (great I think) and the other 2 go all in. One has Jack 6 and the other Q 10. I have them dominated, until the river. Yes you guessed it another Q. I was in 26th place in league at that point and it put me out in 718 place out of 1500. I lost 12 points and I am now in 52. Cannot believe my luck . With an ITM finish I could have been 10th but instead I guess pokerstars had other plans for me. Well I guess I will have to try again next month.

** Moved **

Comment

limping 9's

Im not a great player but I think most will tell you that limping in with the pair would have warded off the J 6 player as a jack had flopped on the river you would have been out also. The Q 10 player may have gone with you with the preflop raise as this is a very loose leaque I have noticed but even then your odds would have been 50% vs 1 player compared to 33% vs 2 players.
      Also yes bad beats happen, keep your chin up and keep swinging.
      cheers the Hamster

Comment

The Jack 6 guy was a real donk calling any raise so I was afraid of going out early. I normally would raise pocket 9's however, with this type of player I was afraid to lose early so by limping I was still in the game if the flop did not go my way. Also he was very lucky and chip leader I may add. Anyway, it happens and thanks for the support. Good luck in the next month Hamster!

Comment

Originally posted by pinks2 View Post
          The Jack 6 guy was a real donk calling any raise so I was afraid of going out early. I normally would raise pocket 9's however, with this type of player I was afraid to lose early so by limping I was still in the game if the flop did not go my way. Also he was very lucky and chip leader I may add. Anyway, it happens and thanks for the support. Good luck in the next month Hamster!
          ALOT OF TIMES THERE IS NO REASON TO RAISE WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO CALL ANY AMOUNT WITH ANY 2 CARDS GOOD LUCK NEXT MO. umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup:
          sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.