PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KhoalWhynot I just noticed you are ranked 8th in the Initiation League. Maybe you will also do well in the Masters. Play today's Masters game. (late registration is still going on). I can't play today unfortunately. Good luck.

Comment

KhoalWhynot

I watch you go out in yesterdays' masters...….

You had K7o vs KQo

K on the flop......he wins with the better kicker...........

you should have never been in the hand for one thing,

but you say in chat...…….

( Figures )

( there goes all my money )

( thanks )

look young lady/guy............

you have a lot to learn...…..

learning the game takes longer than a month,

did you really think you had the better hand?

and then blame bad luck because you didn't?

Do yourself a favor and stop bitching and start learning!

There is so much here to Learn from, and yes there are tons of folks that can help you......

But I don't think you're listening right now to the reply's,

So stop Bitching and start learning!

It's Free!

Hope you start Listening

Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by edpokernut View Post
        Just in case you don't know - If on a $0 bankroll, try to take advantage of all the free offerings that you can (Check out all the Promotions at the top of this page):

Scratch and Match: Play daily for chances to win tickets at: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/art...s-poker-prizes

School passes: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/art...l-Pass-Tickets

SCOOP School Passes: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/article/SCOOP

Question of the Week: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...-scoop-special

Earn a Community Tournament Ticket: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/art...ity-Tournament

With small change, play the daily Spin to Win Challenge on Pokerstars by playing just a .02c trny everyday to spin the wheel for chances to win tourney tickets etc.

Good luck KhoalWhynot.
        Wow nicely laid out I didnt realise there were quite so many ways to start from scratch so to say also sometimes when you deposit they give you free money you have to add a bonus code

The ticket/school passes one is good way to make some $ not a lot but it sure is a way

Poker is not a get rich quick scheme you can lose just as fast as you ca win probably faster

Try attending live training or watch Thelangoliers twitch stream and ask questions.....its like anything though at first you dont win or do good unless your very lucky

Comment

some stuff i forgot you actually want bad beats...i know i know sounds silly but think of it this way.......if you get your money in good as favourite youve done your part...what ever lady luck and the poker gods deal out is irrelevent totally irrelevent...........its like say I get i allin AA v 27o im happy as most of the time I will win (in the long run) however due t short term variance(luck) a 2 and a 7 may come.......ok which is annoying gets less annoying over time but do you want to be a 87/13 fav or a 13/87 underdog?

your mind also plays tricks on you you will remeber all the bad luck whereas everyime AA wins you will think ah well was supposed to win....but nono not 100% of th etime unless you have quad Aces

You shoud get pokerstove and realise poker is a game of close edges like equity %'s what i mean is there will be lots of 50/50 or 60/40 or 40/60.....what yo u dont want to be doing is getitng your money in with say 15% chance of winning (unless your like 1bb lol) its so situational you have to look at player types stack sizes position odds etc etc

play money and freerolls play very different to real money in my honest opinion as they have nothing to lose it costs them 0 so they go allin with stupid hands but when you start to play for real money game will be even tougher.....people may not be going allin a lot but you will encounter lot more problems

its like a video game with levels and as you go up the levels you need more skill...ok luck helps too
          Last edited by rolo834; Thu May 16, 2019, 12:27 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar so the usual lol

Comment

Originally posted by rolo834 View Post
            some stuff i forgot you actually want bad beats...i know i know sounds silly but think of it this way.......if you get your money in good as favourite youve done your part...what ever lady luck and the poker gods deal out is irrelevent totally irrelevent...........its like say I get i allin AA v 27o im happy as most of the time I will win (in the long run) however due t short term variance(luck) a 2 and a 7 may come.......ok which is annoying gets less annoying over time but do you want to be a 87/13 fav or a 13/87 underdog?

your mind also plays tricks on you you will remeber all the bad luck whereas everyime AA wins you will think ah well was supposed to win....but nono not 100% of th etime unless you have quad Aces

You shoud get pokerstove and realise poker is a game of close edges like equity %'s what i mean is there will be lots of 50/50 or 60/40 or 40/60.....what yo u dont want to be doing is getitng your money in with say 15% chance of winning (unless your like 1bb lol) its so situational you have to look at player types stack sizes position odds etc etc

play money and freerolls play very different to real money in my honest opinion as they have nothing to lose it costs them 0 so they go allin with stupid hands but when you start to play for real money game will be even tougher.....people may not be going allin a lot but you will encounter lot more problems

its like a video game with levels and as you go up the levels you need more skill...ok luck helps too

This is exactly my problem i have no bankroll to play real money games, i can do just fine when i play them honestly except i still take alot of bad beats but also sometimes some silly calls just hoping that that 1 card will flip that i need, my problem is that with freerolls there is no option but to call all ins to win basically which is why it makes it that much more frustrating because when the flop comes and shows like 90 something percent and u have like 2 pair or 3 of a kind and then that other guy gets the exact cards he needed for that like 4% chance to win happens to much to me honestly just why i hate freerolls but its lile my only option now to play so i guess i jist gotta deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KhoalWhynot View Post

This is exactly my problem i have no bankroll to play real money games, i can do just fine when i play them honestly except i still take alot of bad beats but also sometimes some silly calls just hoping that that 1 card will flip that i need, my problem is that with freerolls there is no option but to call all ins to win basically which is why it makes it that much more frustrating because when the flop comes and shows like 90 something percent and u have like 2 pair or 3 of a kind and then that other guy gets the exact cards he needed for that like 4% chance to win happens to much to me honestly just why i hate freerolls but its lile my only option now to play so i guess i jist gotta deal with it.
              KhoalWhynot

What those %'s are at any point in time after our chips go in... is totally irrelevant. The odds when we put chips into the pot is all that matters. You need to learn to block out everything else when playing and cannot let anything that happens at the table have even the smallest effect on any future decisions. This is something great to practice in the freerolls.. because as soon as you run into a legit player that sees you put anything in chat or have any reaction, they will note you and try to exploit you by tilting you.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
              Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

yeah bad beats are part of the game everyone has to suck it up so to speak its difficult but necessary.....one tip to stop getitng as angry i do now is i look at the wall lol..........try it it works

Plus its a bit stupid of me to get angry when i get say my money in with AA v TT and lose.....im supposed to lose some of the time 1 in 5 ish which is quite a lot

Later on I look how i lost on replay and its not quite as painful as that in the moment when seeing it live I mean....one things fo rsure if you are not playing your best due to tilt then you should stop playing and go for a walk and take some deep breaths

there is always an option by the way whether to cal an allin.....most shove with pretty godo cards so due to the gap concept you need a pretty strong hand to call...well its different on different stack sizes ........everything is so situational so no answer fits all so it always depends

try to work out how you learn best..if books not your thing try videos...I have 4 or 5 poker books mainly xmas presents and well for me they dont work (although some ive not read eevn) I much prefer videos

The more you play you develop a threshold a thicker skin to painful bad beats...if i get 3 ridiculously silly beats in quick succession well todays not in right frame of mind to play so i go do soemthing else as poker will be there tomorrow

You should definitly watch some of the thelangoliers videos he goes through things slow sometiems very slow(I like it not criticising as its a school to learn) and hes very thorough

yeah listen to JWK24 too only just seen his post well to everyone they are all tryin to help
                Last edited by rolo834; Thu May 16, 2019, 05:08 AM. Reason: just seen Johns post so added a bit

Comment

Well how do i delete this thread because i guess all this info you guys give me aparentley give me any better chance at winning so idk just getting tired of reading these long posts now

Comment

KhoalWhynot

Threads don't get deleted by request and members can't even delete posts after a short time period (like 10-15 min, I think).

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                      KhoalWhynot

Threads don't get deleted by request and members can't even delete posts after a short time period (like 10-15 min, I think).

John (JWK24)
                      Ah oh well guess it stays lol maybe some day ill be able to come back here and say i won some sort of money

Comment

KhoalWhynot

If you fix the leaks in your game, there's no reason you can't hit one.... but those problems will need to be worked out and there isn't a quick fix.. these things take years to learn and apply.

John (JWK24)
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Well look ive been using all the tips u guys have been giving me i have been doing a bit better but now my losses are just bad for example my last hand i just played, the guy goes all in hand before had k 2o someone calls flop was 8 10 9 the guy had 10 8 against him next 2 cards k 2 he wins next hand goes all in and well here check for ur self

*********** # 1 **************
                          PokerStars Hand #200446240316: Tournament #2607007713, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (300/600) - 2019/05/17 1:23:34 AT [2019/05/17 0:23:34 ET]
                          Table '2607007713 29' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
                          Seat 1: Markgräfler (940 in chips)
                          Seat 2: heven2012 (19013 in chips)
                          Seat 3: vps3 (1000 in chips)
                          Seat 4: karambapapa (4940 in chips)
                          Seat 5: sushihot1 (55118 in chips)
                          Seat 6: KhoalWhynot (10560 in chips)
                          Seat 7: blui34 (2706 in chips)
                          Seat 8: Maxx507 (12209 in chips)
                          Seat 9: FranKKKKRN (22565 in chips)
                          Markgräfler: posts the ante 60
                          heven2012: posts the ante 60
                          vps3: posts the ante 60
                          karambapapa: posts the ante 60
                          sushihot1: posts the ante 60
                          KhoalWhynot: posts the ante 60
                          blui34: posts the ante 60
                          Maxx507: posts the ante 60
                          FranKKKKRN: posts the ante 60
                          KhoalWhynot: posts small blind 300
                          blui34: posts big blind 600
                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                          Dealt to KhoalWhynot
                          Maxx507: folds
                          FranKKKKRN: folds
                          KhoalWhynot said, "well looks like u got a lucky horseshoe"
                          Markgräfler: folds
                          heven2012: calls 600
                          vps3: folds
                          karambapapa: folds
                          sushihot1: raises 54458 to 55058 and is all-in
                          KhoalWhynot: calls 10200 and is all-in
                          blui34: folds
                          heven2012: folds
                          Uncalled bet (44558) returned to sushihot1
                          *** FLOP ***
                          *** TURN ***
                          *** RIVER ***
                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                          KhoalWhynot: shows (two pair, Kings and Tens)
                          sushihot1: shows (a full house, Tens full of Fours)
                          sushihot1 collected 22740 from pot
                          KhoalWhynot finished the tournament
                          *** SUMMARY ***
                          Total pot 22740 | Rake 0
                          Board
                          Seat 1: Markgräfler folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                          Seat 2: heven2012 folded before Flop
                          Seat 3: vps3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                          Seat 4: karambapapa folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                          Seat 5: sushihot1 (button) showed and won (22740) with a full house, Tens full of Fours
                          Seat 6: KhoalWhynot (small blind) showed and lost with two pair, Kings and Tens
                          Seat 7: blui34 (big blind) folded before Flop
                          Seat 8: Maxx507 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                          Seat 9: FranKKKKRN folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

KhoalWhynot

what already tilted you? can tell you are, from typing in the chat.. which good players do NOT do. Players that run their mouths in chat are instantly tagged by anyone with a clue... and they will then intentionally try to tilt them. turn the chat box OFF

With our stack size, and the action in front of us, KQs is a FOLD. we lose 1.59bb every time we play here. The only hands we can call with are 4.5%, 99+ AQs+ AKo

We made the wrong play and due to that, we expect to lose here and did lose.

KQs is a better shoving hand, not a calling hand. We have to be really short to call a shove with it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Are we really calculating the nash on freeroll? These guys will be far from that optimal play,and that 4Ts is far wider iso shove than the optimal. If he had this info that he is a shoving monkey,i'm 10/11 in with the KQs. Easy printing chips.
                              My backstory: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

My diary: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...3-diary-of-tau

Comment

Taurus221

First thing I did was to adjust it to crazy ranges and KQs is still a fold. I wasn't expecting T4s, but did have down thru T8s. If that was a league game, instead, and adjusted the ranges that way, I'd want JJ+ AK+ to call.

John (JWK24)

P.S. My first instinct said it was close and would be a 50-50 call, but it wasn't that close.
                                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Working...
                                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.