PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winners Wall - Share your Poker Story

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by braxtonkiwara View Post
    And theres als my spin and go max win
    Hi braxtonkiwara,

Tha's awesome, would you like to do an interview for the school?

Comment

• I'm Maurits92, and this is my story of how my poker journey started.

My entire online poker has taken off after watching big live tournaments on Twitch. They offered freerolls and I was raised with 'If it's too good to be true, then it probably is'. It's fair to say that I did not realise what I was missing out on. Until one day.. I decided to create a PokerStars account! Christmas break had started and I played in a twitch viewers freeroll; My first ever online tournament. It didn't go as well as I hoped, and I'm pretty sure I was out before the first break.
      When players went for dinner break I decided to take a look what PokerStars had to offer, and I quickly saw there were plenty of $50 and $100 prizepool freerolls to be played. I started searching online how to obtain passwords, and managed to find one for a certain $50 freeroll on 22nd of December 2017. My girlfriend was away working the days before Christmas, and there I was.. Playing for a share of $50, competing against 6152 other hungry fish. It started at 8PM my time, and I called my girlfriend before she went to bed and told her I was playing. She didn't think I would go very deep. I mean, only 54 places were paid.. What are the odds right? As the tournament progressed I got in the groove, and started texting her break updates of my stack. Surely I wasn't going to cash my 2nd ever tournament? What do you know! Just before 2AM, after 6 hours of play, I managed to finish the heads up battle in style: https://www.boomplayer.com/26312606_116B102BE1
      I cashed $9.66 and this was the start of my poker journey. I'm glad to say I never had to refill my account by depositing. All the $$ on my account comes from that single win.

Another notable achievement would be that back when there were four league levels (April 2018) I managed to come 2nd place in the University league. A month of free tournaments & tracking opponents resulted in a $400 score in the end

Thanks for reading,
      Have a nice day!

Maurits92

Comment

• Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post

Hi braxtonkiwara,

Tha's awesome, would you like to do an interview for the school?
        Would love to do an interview for the school

Comment

• Originally posted by braxtonkiwara View Post

Would love to do an interview for the school
          Awesome braxtonkiwara, I just sent you a PM, chat soon!

Comment

• my name is kevin from canada im 27 and i have come top 10 in alot of tournaments with a few hundred people and have won small amounts but it is still exciting

Comment

• i have yet to acquire a winning momnent on pokerstars

Comment

• Hi OCT 24 2018...I play à 44$ bounty builder KO . . . . I finish 4th of 421 players and I won 580$/position and 760$$/ players kick out. .I WIN BIGGER MONEY 1400$$us

Comment

• Originally posted by 20Mo_MoneY01 View Post
                  Hi OCT 24 2018...I play à 44$ bounty builder KO . . . . I finish 4th of 421 players and I won 580$/position and 760$$/ players kick out. .I WIN BIGGER MONEY 1400$$us
                  Hi 20Mo_MoneY01

Can you remember the tournament ID's? would you like to do an interview for the school?

Comment

• Lol sorry I dont remembrer. ..yes for the interview

Comment

Lol sorry I dont remembrer. ..yes for the interview
                      Ah that's a pity, we'd need the ID to verify the wins. Maybe if you emailed support@pokerstars.com they would be able to retrieve it for you?

Comment

Lol sorry I dont remembrer. ..yes for the interview
                        PokerStars Tournament #2434902581, No Limit Hold'em
                        Buy-In: $20.00/$20.00/$4.00 USD
                        408 players
                        Total Prize Pool: $8160.00 USD
                        Tournament started 2018/10/22 22:30:00 ET
                        Tournament finished 2018/10/23 5:05:59 ET
                        1: MrNiaou1708 (Greece), $1,469.27 (18.005%)
                        2: Monkey-K1ng (Canada), $1,076.79 (13.195%)
                        3: GREW1850 (Canada), $789.28 (9.672%)
                        4: 20Mo_MoneY01 (Canada), $578.54 (7.089%)

What made it even sweeter was that you won a $3.30 satellite to play it:

PokerStars Tournament #2434904728, No Limit Hold'em
                        Super Satellite
                        Buy-In: $3.02/$0.28 USD
                        109 players
                        Total Prize Pool: $610.04 USD
                        Target Tournament #2434902581 Buy-In: $40.00/4.00 USD
                        13 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2018/10/22 22:10:00 ET
                        Tournament finished 2018/10/22 23:17:08 ET
                        1: 20Mo_MoneY01 (Canada), (qualified for the target tournament)

Very nice 20Mo_MoneY01!

Comment

• Cheers Ed!

Comment

• Originally posted by edpokernut View Post

What made it even sweeter was that you won a $3.30 satellite to play it:
                            Was #2434902581 a bounty tournament Ed? And do you know how he won the $3.30 satellite?

Comment

• Yes if you can bécasse I dont have thé ids

Comment

• MrNiaou (GREC
                                PokerStars Tournament #2434902581, No Limit Hold'em
                                Buy-In:
                                ***************E9

Comment

Working...
                                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.