PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

software is starting to suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software is starting to suck

99 raises gets called in 4 postions
    flop 944
    check
    raise from MP
    call
    turn A
    check call

river Q
    check calls loses to AA

the software is messed up every time i get a hand the loose maniac (or sometimes good player) is getting a monster

raising from button BB is waking up with AA or KK
    flopping a set getting rivered by flushes
    omaha hi only holding 99Tj flop 78j turn 2 river 9 beaten by QT

holding ace flush maniac hits his straight flush

roll on next sunday i am going to take a break before i hit something that hits back.

the river is starting to gt more and more predictable. I have said it in another post by u iron. (when the AA and QQ got beat by 55 when the 55 hit the flush).

when players are allin expecially, u see there cards and you know what is going to come.

It happens the other way as well, being the JJ vs an AA a J flops then and Ace comes on the river, or A rivers a str8. Never at a B&M would you ever see this. I haven't even seen it as much on a online pay site.

I think the random generator needs to be checked.

Comment

They are all fixed IMO. DRAMA is the reason why, at least on
      this site anyway. Other sites so the rake will be big. Nothing
      they say will change my mind. Random Generators are
      programable, no doubt in my mind.

Tom
      Last edited by deleted_username; Mon Aug 18, 2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Has the hand dealing software changed in the last few months?
        One the one hand I've never seen so many str8's+4-flushes hit on the river, but on the other I've never seen so many rivers , full stop. The play has got much looser of late, so maybe we're just getting the chance to see more suckouts? Dunno.

Comment

I've been drawn out on all night, and this is my first ever night here!

Solution: go to the 3/6 table, tilt, raise away your whole bankroll like a lunatic.

OK maybe NOT

But it did remind me that the maniac always gets it in the end, and with that tonight i will sleep like a baby.

Comment

from an old post, pso staff said the old random number generator was switched out about 3 months before bugsys opened up. this is when all the complaints about a dramatic or rake inducing type of hand was being dealt. i lliked the original rng best, but they say this is the one used by most online poker rooms, which may describe why it has been playing a bit like the other sites out there.

then again i may be wrong, but i think all these complaints started happening about 2 weeks to a month after the rng was switched. is it expensive for these programs? can they be switched? and what does pso staff and management think about this?

i have seen some horrifc beats in live play also, wether it is a single table sat, a multi table tourny, or ring game. crazy draws hit all the time. the two outer spikes the river. the 400 to 1 shot hits on the turn, etc........ i personally think, as long as you can not see the actual shuffle of the cards, people will always be suspicious of the deal. i cant tell you how mnay times i personally have been accused of being a house player for bugsys club, because i seem to be sooooooooo lucky, and i cant tell you how wrong that is!!!!!!! i had won my fair share, and i have also lost my fair share. i still think that with this rng, if you play proper poker, selective aggression will pay off for you in the long run, as long as your bankroll can handle the swings that go along with big bet poker and tournament play.......

Comment

RIVER RATS

i just busted out in last place AGAIN

Outplayed my oponent AGAIN

had poket 10's busted AGAIN

by an ace on the river AGAIN

Ranting over. thank you.

Comment

Do u rant when you get the ace on turn or river?
                It has happened to me lots of time, and sometimes I had the ace and outdrew my opponent, and sometimes I was outdrawn. Maybe u fail to remember when you are lucky but can't erase these bad beats from ur memory when u suffer it.
                I suppose keeping exact stats is the answer.
                BTW, I understand that failing RNGs can be exploited, but I don't see how they would make these bad beats happen more than they should.

FRC

Comment

Originally posted by FRC
                  Do u rant when you get the ace on turn or river?
                  It has happened to me lots of time, and sometimes I had the ace and outdrew my opponent, and sometimes I was outdrawn. Maybe u fail to remember when you are lucky but can't erase these bad beats from ur memory when u suffer it.
                  I suppose keeping exact stats is the answer.
                  BTW, I understand that failing RNGs can be exploited, but I don't see how they would make these bad beats happen more than they should.

FRC
                  FRC, this IS the 'bad beat' forum. BUT If lecturing is what you enjoy, i'll be happy to take you to school at the table 8) be sure to bring your pen and paper too :P

Comment

chiplead,

TT is a nice starting hand, but isn't a monster like so many people seem to think it is. You didn't say what the guy's other card (than the Ace) was, but if he had top pair/top kicker, I would not be surprised to see him call your allin. An Ace hitting on the river (or ANY of the 4 possible types of overcards to a ten) can possibly seal your fate.

Poker happens.

Jahana

Comment

Your absolutely right Johana.

I'm new, just figured this was a place for clearing your mind.

Seems my post is developing a fan club though so HERE is what happened.

dealt 10 10

utg raise
                      mid position re-raise - i put him on AK
                      i call re raise
                      utg folds

heads up pot

A 3 10 rainbow

opponent bets - i figure this rules out rockets based on his previous tricky play

i call

turn brings a 7

opponent bets the pot

I move all in

Called

Ace hits the river

Goodnight me.

I figure he had 2 cards to hit, the 2 aces left in the deck.

Hope that clears things up!

I agree 10's arent as good as some think. But i rate them the 5th best hand in hold'em, a monster in my book!

From now on im just going to do my talking at the tables.

Good luck all.

Comment

So , did he have the AK ?

Originally posted by chiplead
                        agree 10's arent as good as some think. But i rate them the 5th best hand in hold'em, a monster in my book!
                        Yeah, and on that scale 22 is the 13th best hand, but a real pig to play 8)

Comment

Yeah, and on that scale 22 is the 13th best hand, but a real pig to play
                          to me 22 is the easiest hand to play. only play it if you can limp or get in fairly cheap, flop a set or fold to any bet. the easiest hand their is to play in my opinion. 10/10 and JJ, and QQ are the hardest hands to play, in my opinion. seem to lose too much with them, maybe because i have tendancy to overvalue them....

Comment

Yes, the RIVER RAT turned over AK!

Theres been some good points made in this thread. I can tell im going to enjoy being a member here already.

22 is one of my PERSONAL favourites.

JJ is a BOMBSCARE. Beware the hooks!

Be lucky people. But not TOO lucky...

Comment

Wait, he turned over AK?

Where's the beat? You would win that hand, 10's full of Aces vs. trip Aces.

Jahana

Comment

Working...
                              X