PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pokers Stars Website Isle of Man (Issue)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokers Stars Website Isle of Man (Issue)

Hello, I assume when your server is having issues and I lose out on a Spin and Go tournament you assume NO liability. Is that correct?

I have a great internet connection and even loaded up NetFlix and started a movie while I waited until your server reconnected. This has occurred a few times, but only for a few seconds, but this last time was several minutes. I was playing in a Sit and Go 45 person, and a Spin n Go tourney, both are/were micro and it was money I earned through the Poker School recently. So, really no big deal... but, I am in the process of setting up an account with EcoPay to transfer money into my stars account, so I'd like to know... if I was playing in a $100 Spin n Go and your server caused me to lose it, as it did today. What happens?

If you had a way for me to attach a screen print, I'd show you the network status screen, it is "Very Bad" (17%), while the other 5 are showing Very Good. Which I assume is why I was disconnected and could NOT reconnect. In the future, if this occurs again, is there a way to select one of the other servers?

Very Frustrating,

Joseph

Originally posted by lrakjoe View Post
    Hello, I assume when your server is having issues and I lose out on a Spin and Go tournament you assume NO liability. Is that correct?

I have a great internet connection and even loaded up NetFlix and started a movie while I waited until your server reconnected. This has occurred a few times, but only for a few seconds, but this last time was several minutes. I was playing in a Sit and Go 45 person, and a Spin n Go tourney, both are/were micro and it was money I earned through the Poker School recently. So, really no big deal... but, I am in the process of setting up an account with EcoPay to transfer money into my stars account, so I'd like to know... if I was playing in a $100 Spin n Go and your server caused me to lose it, as it did today. What happens?

If you had a way for me to attach a screen print, I'd show you the network status screen, it is "Very Bad" (17%), while the other 5 are showing Very Good. Which I assume is why I was disconnected and could NOT reconnect. In the future, if this occurs again, is there a way to select one of the other servers?

Very Frustrating,

Joseph
    Hi lrakjoe, we are sorry to hear about the experiences encountered. We have provided you by email with your playing audit for the day. Please advise us on the tournament ID's that you were affected in, so we can investigate further, if a refund can be considered. For future reference, if you encounter and type of disconnections or technical issues, please send us a screen capture and your device's log files and our technical team will investigate them and if relevant, they will approve a refund. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

HostCosminM

Please direct me on how to capture device log files, as I will be happy to forward to your tech team. Additionally, I did receive and reply to your email and attached a screen print of the network status at the time the event occurred. Above, I quoted 17%, which is true, but in the screen print it depicts 35%. Anyways... thank you so much for the FAST response.

Comment

HostCosminM

Please direct me on how to capture device log files, as I will be happy to forward to your tech team. Additionally, I did receive and reply to your email and attached a screen print of the network status at the time the event occurred. Above, I quoted 17%, which is true, but in the screen print it depicts 35%. Anyways... thank you so much for the FAST response.
        Hi lrakjoe, to provide logs from the desktop client you can do this via the Help menu. Typically, on the mobile clients its under the Setting & Tools---> Support section.

Its worth noting that we generally need logs within about 24 hrs of any issues occurring as the entries don't last forever. This won't affect any refund review(especially for someone who hasn't had one previously). It would just be helpful to have recent logs to help us help you determine what caused the issue in question to see if we can prevent it from happening again in the future; to give you some peace of mind and an overall better playing experience.
        Last edited by HostSimonD; Wed Aug 14, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

HostSimonD

Here we go again.... I know these are very small micro buy-in's, so we need to keep track, if it gets above $10, then I would like to be refunded that amount. As of today, I am now down $2.50.

So, just a few mintues ago, I was in the PowerUp section and playing 2 tables ($1 and $0.25). The same latency issues that I reported above occurred, in addition, this time the Poker Stars application prompted me with an error message that I need to restart the application. Both games were lost due to this issue. My table was locked up, but in the background... I could hear the system folding my hand and passing those chips over to the other player. I tried restarting the app, but it took for EVER to reconnect and by that time the heads-up match was finished.

Below are the tournaments that I was playing in during the outage.

PokerStars Tournament #2674672909, No Limit Hold'em
          Buy-In: $0.92/$0.08 USD
          3 players
          Total Prize Pool: $2.76 USD
          Tournament started 2019/08/17 8:47:23 ET
          Tournament finished 2019/08/17 9:17:29 ET
          1: HeimaS (Ukraine), $2.76 (100%)
          2: lrakjoe (Thailand),
          3: seiw (Russia),

You finished in 2nd place.

PokerStars Tournament #2674674370, No Limit Hold'em
          Buy-In: $0.23/$0.02 USD
          3 players
          Total Prize Pool: $0.69 USD
          Tournament started 2019/08/17 8:47:43 ET
          Tournament finished 2019/08/17 9:11:50 ET
          1: ThronEusebio (Germany), $0.69 (100%)
          3: hmichette (Brazil),

Comment

HostSimonD

Here we go again.... I know these are very small micro buy-in's, so we need to keep track, if it gets above $10, then I would like to be refunded that amount. As of today, I am now down $2.50.

So, just a few mintues ago, I was in the PowerUp section and playing 2 tables ($1 and $0.25). The same latency issues that I reported above occurred, in addition, this time the Poker Stars application prompted me with an error message that I need to restart the application. Both games were lost due to this issue. My table was locked up, but in the background... I could hear the system folding my hand and passing those chips over to the other player. I tried restarting the app, but it took for EVER to reconnect and by that time the heads-up match was finished.

Below are the tournaments that I was playing in during the outage.

PokerStars Tournament #2674672909, No Limit Hold'em
            Buy-In: $0.92/$0.08 USD
            3 players
            Total Prize Pool: $2.76 USD
            Tournament started 2019/08/17 8:47:23 ET
            Tournament finished 2019/08/17 9:17:29 ET
            1: HeimaS (Ukraine), $2.76 (100%)
            3: seiw (Russia),

PokerStars Tournament #2674674370, No Limit Hold'em
            Buy-In: $0.23/$0.02 USD
            3 players
            Total Prize Pool: $0.69 USD
            Tournament started 2019/08/17 8:47:43 ET
            Tournament finished 2019/08/17 9:11:50 ET
            1: ThronEusebio (Germany), $0.69 (100%)
            3: hmichette (Brazil),

Thanks for your reply, Irakjoe. We are sorry to hear you have experienced these disconnections. We see that you have also emailed us on the same topic. Please review the inbox of your registered email address for the reply and let us know if you want us to look into the tournaments you mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by HostAnkeD View Post

Thanks for your reply, Irakjoe. We are sorry to hear you have experienced these disconnections. We see that you have also emailed us on the same topic. Please review the inbox of your registered email address for the reply and let us know if you want us to look into the tournaments you mentioned above.

Thank again for the quick response. You are correct, I sent in a few screen prints and just forwarded over the log files.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.