So i had a day to kill on my way home and thought why not try and get some poker in to pass the time. After some discussion on the forums and doing some research i decided my best bet was the edgewater Casino, as its close to where im staying and i could afford to buy in to their daily early bird tournament. 

Its a $35+5 rebuy tournament that starts at 10:15am, little early for my liking but i dragged myself outta bed anyway. We had 44 buy ins and 29 rebuys so there was a healthy prizepool to be won. I was a little nervous initially as it seemed like there were a large number of regulars playing but my initial table was quite nice, everyone was friendly and chatty which helped ease my nerves slightly.

I started off quite well, doubling up through the guy to my immediate right who was playing very loosely and just seemed to be throwing chips around with anything (he rebought 5 times in 2 levels.) I picked up a nice 3 way pot with AKo when the board ran 7 Q K, 10, K one guy had Q10 s and the other chased a flush draw that never came. 

I was moved to a different table soon after and it seemed like my luck had come with me when a couple of hands later i picked up AA in the SB. I 3 bet the initial raiser and he shoved over the top showing AQ. My aces held and i was looking good to go deep until a couple of flips didnt go my way. Got AQo in preflop agianst pocket 8s in the blind and they held and AJs all in on a flop of A, K, 5 wit top pair and a flush draw only ot loose to QJo who made his straight with a river 10.

I tightened up alot after that folding several hands i normally would've played but the table chipleader was very aggressive and when we saw a showdown had a lot of premium hands so didnt want to risk it. Soon after i got moved back to my original table which hadnt changed much since i left except for the rebuy king being knocked out and donating around 12k chips to the rest of the players at the table. 

Got lucky on my second hand back on this table when i was dealt pocket 10s in the SB (note im a short stack at this point with around 8-10BBs), UTG raised 2.5x BB, I Call and BB also calls so were 3 way into the flop. Flop comes A K 10 rainbow, i check my set, BB raises the pot, UTG shoves over to top and i call putting me all in, BB calls and off we go.. I show my 10's, BB turns over AK and UTG has AQ. Turn and river are blanks and i held on, so had some chips to work with agian.. 

My final hand came about 40 minutes later. I was short again ~12BB when UTG and UTG +2 both shove preflop, UTG +2 was the super aggressive chip leader who was moved at the same time as me due to the table breaking up, and i look down at pocket 9's, i ponder for a time and eventually call, with both opponents turning over AKo, flop comes down 2 K 10, rainbow, at this point im praying for a 9 or for the board to pair but it wasnt to be. I finished about 15th of 44, 

I was quite happy with how i played, recapping now i think there were spots i should've been more aggresive by raising preflop rather than just flatting but im gonna blame that on the nerves. Overall it was a good experience, i hadnt played a tournament live at a casino before but felt i held my own. The casino it self is quite nice, the staff knew what they were doing, there was one incident on another table about someone who the dealer thought had mucked his hand so took it and he hadnt meant to, which was dealt with quickly and professionally. 

I finished the morning playing BJ and leaving with my buy in covered plus a bit more on the side so had a great time and learnt alot and best of all it was free.. :wink:

Thank you to everyone that gave me advice on how to act etc it helped alot..