Live poker training is the perfect way to put what you have learned into practice. If you want to play successful poker, you will have to train.
The name tells you exactly what to expect:
- Live: All sessions are live. When you take part you are encouraged to ask the instructor questions.
- Poker: The sessions are all about poker: Texas Hold'em or Omaha, big tournaments, STTs or cash games, full ring or 6-max. It doesn't matter if you have a big or a short stack: there is something for everyone.
- Training: Understanding theory is important, but putting it to use at the table is another matter - and this is what training is all about. Watch our team as they share their poker playing skills in real time and let them train you how to act when the action is on you.
These three elements combine to give you a unique and interactive tool, which has everything you need for effective training. There are poker tables, an audio player and a chat function. No additional software is required – all you need to do is check the training schedule at PokerStars School, choose a certain course or session, and then register and open the corresponding link.
The training tool with a poker table, chat and audio broadcast
What does live training session look like?
The trainer plays at a PokerStars real money table, which can be viewed in real time using the browser-based tool by all participants of the session. The trainer, whose hole cards you can see, not only narrates his actions at the table via the audio player, but also explains his strategic train of thought. The participants have the opportunity to ask questions via the chat function, which are then answered by the trainers.
Shadow Sessions - Observing someone play while seeing their hole cards and hearing their thought processes in real time (i.e. following every move like you were their shadow).
Replay Sessions - The trainer replays hands that were played on PokerStars. You'll get all the details behind their moves and there is plenty of time to answer your questions.
For further information, take a look at the detailed instructions.
Overview of available features
- Live broadcast – The PokerStars School experts play at PokerStars real money tables, which is broadcast in real time via the coaching tool.
- Well-prepared sessions – The content of a session can be prepared in an optimal way via the specifically developed hand replayer. This means interesting and instructive hands are available, as well as plenty of time for questions and discussion.
- The audio broadcast – The trainer's comments can be understood clearly and precisely. He can therefore quickly focus on the participants' questions.
- The chat function – Interested users can ask our PokerStars School experts questions via the chat, so everybody has the chance to bring up the subjects that are important to him or her.
- Special tools – The coaches have a wide range of helpful tools available. They can draw diagrams and make notes directly at the table, or assign avatars to certain players to classify them into different groups.